In today’s challenging business climate, organizations are focusing more on getting maximum business value from their software. Consequently, rapid delivery and software quality continue to become more important, and the risks of insufficient software quality greater. Testing is one of the most important actions an organization can take to control these risks. Testing provides insight into the quality of the software and the risks associated with insufficient quality. Based on this insight, organizations can make informed decisions about whether to take software into operation. With proper testing, organizations can make better decisions and effectively manage risk.
Sogeti’s structured Test Management Approach (TMap®) can help you to deliver “more for less, faster and better”. A structured testing approach offers the following advantages:
- it can be used in any situation, regardless of who the client is or which system development approach is used
- it delivers insight into, and advice on, any risks in respect of the quality of the tested system
- it finds defects at an early stage
- it prevents defects
- the testing is on the critical path of the total development as briefly as possible, so that the total lead time of the development is shortened
- the test products (e.g. test cases) are reusable
- the test process is comprehensible and manageable.